Children
|
Teens
|
Adults
| |||||||
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| 2-3 | 4-8 | 9-13 | 14-18 Years | 19-50 Years | 51+ Years | ||||
| Girls and Boys | Female | Male | Female | Male | Female | Male | |||
| Vegetables and Fruit | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 7-8 | 8-10 | 7 | 7 |
| Grain Products | 3 | 4 | 6 | 6 | 7 | 6-7 | 8 | 6 | 7 |
| Milk and Alternatives | 2 | 2 | 3-4 | 3-4 | 3-4 | 2 | 2 | 3 | 3 |
| Meat and Alternatives | 1 | 1 | 1-2 | 2 | 3 | 2 | 3 | 2 | 3 |
(Canadian Food Guide Recommended Daily Food Guide Servings)
My Food Intake
First Day:
On the first of this project I had a smoothie and an egg for breakfast. For lunch I had a cream cheese and mixed greens salad. For dinner I had curry with rice and asparagus.
My breakfast contained
1 Banana
2 Handfuls of Strawberries and raspberries
1 Handful of mango
1 Cup French yogurt
1 Fried egg
Approx. 380 cal.
My Lunch Contained:
A healthy spread of Cream cheese
2 Handfuls of mixed greens
2 slices of Gluten free rice bread
Approx. 300
My Dinner Contained:
1 Bowl of Curry (Chick peas, Lentils, Potatoes..)
1 Serving of Rice
1 Serving of Asparagus
Approx 600 cal.
Approx 600 cal.
My Snacks:
200g Dried Mango
150g Whole Grain Rice Crackers
Approx. 150 cal.
Drinks:
1 Liter of Water
2 Cups of milk 2%
1 cup of juice
Approx 310 cal.
According to the Canadian daily food guide I obtained the amount of fruit and vegetables. I did not meet the expectation for grain serving, I missed it by three more grain servings. I meet the requirements for milk products or alternatives. I met the requirements for meat and alternatives with one egg and a bowl of curry with chickpeas. All of the fruit and vegetables were fresh except for the dried mango. The only packaged food I consumed was the whole grain rice crackers, cream cheese and yogurt. I would say it is about a 80% Fresh 20% Packaged food. I consumed and estimated 1740 calories.
No comments:
Post a Comment